Do you know the most common cause of tooth loss among adults in the Bridgewater area?
The answer is gum disease. While this may be startling to man, there is a bright side:
Gum disease is easy to treat if it is detected in the early stages.
Regular check-ups with Smiles for Life Dental Care are vital, but there are warning signs of gum disease that everyone should be looking for.
- Gums that bleed very easily
- Gums that appear tender, swollen, or very red, or gums that have visible pus in between them when they are pushed
- A bite that changes suddenly
- Gums that are pulling away from the teeth
- A bad taste in the mouth or chronic bad breath
- Loose or separated teeth
If you are experiencing these symptoms, talk to your dentist today. Avoiding these problems is ideal, but brushing isn’t enough. Since plaque causes gum disease, removing plaque through regular flossing is the key to healthy gums.
At Smiles for Life Dental Care, we take pride in caring for our patients and we want them to have healthy, beautiful smiles that they can be proud of. Many of our patients seek details about smile redesigns. If you’d like to know, schedule an appointment and we’ll take a look!